GOING GREEN AT ELDORA

Posted on: Apr 09, 2013 at 03:01
Posted In:
Tags:

Eldora Speedway OH)When the green flag waves over Eldora Speedway on Saturday, April 13 it will be a historic moment as it will launch the start of the 60th consecutive season of racing action at the historic speed plant. Conceived in the fall of 1952 by area farmer/band leader Earl Baltes, Eldora was unveiled to the world on June 6, 1954 as a .250-mile mile clay oval. Two years later, the ingenious Baltes increased the size to three-eighths mile before configuring the present day .500-mile shape in 1958.

Comments On This Article